Monday, October 17, 2005

I just flew in from Budapest...

...and boy are my arms tired; but that's mostly because the Russians are friggin' huge and wore me out.

The tournament was a great time and we really played well: 2 losses and a win, but the two losses were genuine 'moral victories' in which we played some incredible hockey against some of Europe's best teams (the Swedes and the Russians), both of which have multiple Olympians playing for them. I'll post more later, but I wanted to get some of these pictures up while I'm putting them on my computer. Enjoy.


The team getting ready to leave for Budapest in our fancy new sweatshirts...we look happy because we have yet to find out about our 6 hour delay at this point.


I was told I had to bake a cake for the team since it was my first away trip I think that may have been a mean lie, but I did it anyways 'cause, hey, it's chocolate. The witty label on the box says: "HUNGARY for a win? It'll be a PIECE OF CAKE!" [insert WoW face here] I'm good!



Me in action: please, PLEASE don't hate on the Jofa helmet!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I am sorry but I just can't handle that helmet. I am laughing out loud in my art school cubicle.
Beaudlose

Anonymous said...

He always thinks you're pretty so he's biased besides, there is such a thing as style in hockey and that, my friends, is certainly not style.

Anonymous said...

PS - That previous witty retort was posted by Rachelle K. Beaudoin, Master's Candidate at Rhode Island School of Design