Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Quote Time

For your reading pleasure, some quotes that aptly summarize my recent adventures and the fortuitous events that have transpired:

"Unusual travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God." - Kurt Vonnegut, cOmplements of sister

"There is a divinity that shapes our ends, rough-hew them how we will." -The Bard and his famous Dane

and, my personal favorite:

"Coincidence is the anonymity of God." -Kevin Mahoney, a man of very few, but very powerful words.

In other news, I began my three page quarterly report today. I am not like my father. It is not close to completion, but it is close to ten pages thus far. I've done it again. I expected this, however, and though I will cut most of it for the official report, it is wonderful to be able to take a more holistic look at my time so far and really try to integrate everything I've learned about myself, hockey and the world. As much as I lamented paper writing, I have always been a firm believer in how much one gains from having to analyze and write down (in a more organized fashion than my prolific journal entries) what one learns as a means of arriving at both further knowledge about the subject and a deeper understanding of the subject matter. I've spent the afternoon trying to get it all down and have really enjoyed the ten pages. Plus, it's taking a narrative tone, which makes me confident in my ability to turn this into a book. I think I might even blog the whole thing (maybe in segments so that you don't have to take it all in at once...sort of like a sitcom or something).

Time to go institute my new team lifting program and be mini Coach Oliver for the day! Should I make them do squat jumps?

2 comments:

cOm said...

squat jumps!? you're a sadist. Leave those poor girls alone.

Rachelle said...

In the words of the Jeff Oliver, "Get medieval" on them.